|GoDaddy Private Nameservers
You can register your name servers under your account's Domain Host Summary section. Registering your name server IP addresses allows you to define a name for your server based on your domain name. You can register any host name you wish, in the format:
* host.domain.tld (example: "nameserver1.godaddy.com")
If you understand what is involved and have made the necessary preparations, please follow the steps below to register your name servers.
First, log into your customer account:
* Go to the Go GoDaddy Account Login Page.
* Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password.
If you have trouble logging in, our password reset form may help you. You can find this form through the following link:
Password Reset Form
Once logged in just follow these steps:
* Go to Domains >> My Domains
* Click on your domain you'd like to set up private nameservers for
* Click on (add) under 'Host Summary' on the bottom left.
* For "Host Name:" you'll input "ns1" (no quotes) in the box.
* For "Host IP 1:" you'll input your primary IP address
* Click "OK" - Your first nameserver has been created.
* Click on (add) under 'Host Summary' on the bottom left again.
* For "Host Name:" you'll input "ns2" (no quotes) in the box.
* For "Host IP 2: you'll enter the same IP as your primary address, except one number higher.(For Example: You received the ip: 188.8.131.52 when signing up, this would be your primary IP for ns1. For ns2 you would use: 184.108.40.206)
* Click "OK"
After you've registered the private nameservers, you can now set all of your domain names to use the nameservers you just registered.
Like most domain changes, it may take 24-48 hours (usually quicker) for this to propagate and be useable. This delay applies to all domains with any Registrar, not just Go Daddy.